05 Juli Friday
Last updated: Sep 14, 2019
IMAGE GALLERY (2)
- over-the-air software updates
- update manager supports both
- application and
- system updates
How to buid mender client into linux image
- is a yocto layer that can deploy image updates
- automatic roll-back
- remote management
- logging and reporting
- Cross-compiling Mender for ARM devices
- Partitioning the image correctly
- Setting up the U-Boot bootloader to support Mender
- udev - userspace /dev
- is a device manager for the Linux kernel.
- checks when new device is plugged in and makes it available as a FILE
- measure orientation and angular velocity
Press space to interrupt bootloader
- clock is important
- bootloader choice
- powerloss at update, may make device unusable
- printenv, setenv, reset, boot
- watch where env var is written /etc/uboot something
Open source projects business model
- Business models for open-source software2
- whose source code is publicly available under an open-source license to study, change, and improve its design.
- Examples Mozilla Firefox, Google Chromium, Android, LibreOffice and the VLC media player.
- Open-source software development has been a large part of the creation of the World Wide Web as we know it, with Tim Berners-Lee contributing his HTML code development as the original platform upon which the internet is now built.
- For example, most contributors to GCC or to the Linux kernel are professionals (and contributing about full time and paid for that). These projects are too complex to be worked on as a hobby.
- Bounty hunting programs3
What do one need for testing?
- test scripts, instructions
- data and
VUE | React | Angular
- vue has shorter learning curve than react
- Dont have to deal with JSX transpilers
- 2-way data binding
- Templating - JSON data binding
- Component structure with OOPs programming methodologies
- builtin components
- Progressive image loading like on medium (vue has that inbuilt)
Client side rendering components
- JS syntax (like JSX)
All markdown files are compiled into Vue components and processed by webpack, therefore you can and should prefer referencing any asset using relative URLs:
Pages API is called after graphQL
Learning by examples. - email@example.com:mazipan/gridsome-blog.git
How to have automatic cross-links and references in my documentaion and website?
sphinx has it
PWA - progressive web app5
- A redirect from HTTP to HTTPS should be offered.
- A serviceworker.js must be present.
- A manifest.json must exist.
Dont have to write your own low level service worker APIs instead use something like workbox6
<div role="dialog" aria-labelledby="dialog-heading"> <button aria-label="close">x</button> <h2 id="dialog-heading">Confirmation</h2> <p>Press Okay to confirm or Cancel</p> <button>Okay</button> <button>Cancel</button> </div>
- The dialog is only announced as a dialog if it takes the
aria-labelledbyrelationship attribute makes the element carrying the
idit points to its label
- The close button uses
aria-labelto provide the text label “close”, overriding the text content
- The heading is used as the dialog’s label. The
aria-labelledbyattribute points to its