Systemd Init System
Last updated: Aug 16, 2019
IMAGE GALLERY (1)
How to configure network using systemd?
networkd to configure netwrok interfaces.
Configuration file path
initsystem for linux
- System and service Manager
- controls machine boot
- recplaces lots of shell scripts for system boot
- Software platform for developing other apps
- Glue between user and kernel spacce applications
- Resources are called
Units, it manages them in dependency graph.
Seperate bootstrap scripts
one-shotapplications on various clous environments.
[Match] Name=en* [Network] Address=192.168.0.15/24 Gateway=192.168.0.1 # OR DHCP=yes
- send alerts from terminal commands/scripts
timesyncd daemon which requires linux user and group by name
systemd-timesync to be present on system.
It synchronizes system clock across the network
- timedatectl list-timezones
- set system time and zone settings
This file contains the timestamp of the last successful synchronization.
systemctl status systemd-timedated.service bat /lib/systemd/system/systemd-timedated.service localectl timedatectl status
Disable timwsyncd service in yocto
To disable timesyncd in your Yocto build, create a *.bbappend recipe in your own layer called
recipes-core/systemd/systemd_216.bbappend And add the following content PACKAGECONFIG[timesyncd] = "--enable-timesyncd,--disable-timesyncd,timesyncd" PACKAGECONFIG_remove = "timesyncd"