GTD Getting Things Done
Publish date: Aug 16, 2019
IMAGE GALLERY (3)
- orchestrated repeatable pattern activities
- is the process of thinking about the activities required to achieve a desired goal.
- Planning Process
- choosing a destination
- evaluating alternative routes
- deciding the specific course of the plan
What is GTD workflow?
- is a time management method
- process of planning and exercising conscious control of time spent on specific activities, especially to increase effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity.
- Not feeling free and not feeling clear.
- What is draining your energy?
- On your radar, Whats coming towards you?
- A project
- An event you need to deal with
- A speech you need to give, presentation
- party, something you need to celebrate
- something you need to think about
- Whats the main/primary reason, purpose this thing exists?
- How would success look like?
- Ideas how to achieve that? get there?
Things our brain does NOT do very well
- Keep track of more than 4 things at once
- Forgets where you laid your keys down
What does brain does brilliantly?
- Planning all the time
- what to wear, eat?
- how do i get fruit out of the tree?
- how I create relationship with that attractive person?
- Survival of species!
- You have been planning since you were 6 months old
Natural planning Model
- Purpose and Intent
- Dinner night
- you meet a bear! climb a tree, how much to walk
- perspective meeting with a client
- Create a VISION, what would success mean to you?
- Reality creates tension in brain
- and brain starts releasing all kinds of ideas
- Ideas and Brainstorming
- Structure to Ideas, what makes sense. Highlight top 3 ideas
- Next ACTION
- What is the very next physical ACTION that needs to happen to make this forward?
- specific visual things you should be doing
Reactive Planning Model
When people get stressed out, plans doesn’t get to seem to be working, they get into reactive planning mode
- Get unnecessarily busy
- Working overtime
- We need to get organized talks!
- Spreadsheets and analytical reports flying around
- We need more creative input, lets bring in a CONSULTANT