Last updated: Sep 10, 2019
IMAGE GALLERY (3)
- a person or thing vital to an enterprise or organization.
- a pin passed through the end of an axle to keep a wheel in position.
- present in large numbers or quantities; plentiful.
- is the capacity to understand or feel what another person is experiencing from within their frame of reference, that is, the capacity to place oneself in another’s position
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Traditional methods of marketing often revolve around the idea of interruption marketting
- cuts into a TV show, or an internet pop-up that
- Anticipated: people will anticipate the service/product information from the company.
- Personal: the marketing information explicitly relates to the customer.
- Relevant: the marketing information is something that the consumer is interested in.
Chris Do interview Seth Godin
- All marketters are liars, tell stories
- Purple Cow
- Problem is Competition
- Dont fight competition, BE DIFFERENT
- What if you have all the Marketting budget?
- Nokia, yahoo, kodak have large marketting budget but failed
- You must be willing to risk Criticism to be Remarkable
- Build marketting INSIDE your product, not after making it
What is school for you?
- Teach kids how to LEAD
- Teach kids how to solve interesting PROBLEMS
- You will able be able to create VALUE
- You will never be boared
- Competence is overrated
- If we can write down your job, we can find someone cheaper than you to do it.
- call centre jobs are replaced by AI bots
- Do jobs which cannot be written down
In such a big society, is it realistic endeavour for everyone to solve prblems that cannot be solved?
- Karl Marx saw it. There is a tension between
- the boss
- who wants unlimited efforts for no money
- and worker
- who want to do as little as possible
- because she know, boss is gonna ask for more
- SO EVERYONE HOLDS BACK
- How can I do less?
- the people who dont hold back are ARTISTS
- How can I do more?
When you love what you do? Does that make you an artist or there is more to that?
- There is more to it, you can DECIDE to love what you do.
- BRAINWASH yourself into loving what you do
- ARTISTS stare into the void, that you are doing work that might not work
- you are doing work without manual
- you are showing up and working in a generous way
- What we are trained to do as compliant cogs in THE SYSTEM
- Find deniability
- Find Authority
- Find established Protocol
- Take good notes
- And repeat back to teacher what we learnt
- THIS IS NOT WHAT SOLVING INTERESTING PROBLEM IS
- I dont know the answers to it, lets figure this out
- Kids and wife
- Its theor life to have, NOT MINE
Mentors vs HEROS
- For 1 successful people there are 2000 people
- Mentors do not SCALE
- HEROS DO
- What what eva/clint/osbuk do?
How to BRAINWASH, reprogramme yourself?
- Regularly find one GENEROUS (not selfish work) work that scares you
- You will learn to make FEAR your accomplice
- DANCE with THE FEAR
- fear will NEVER go away
- Do it once a day, 5 times a day, 50 times a day
What do you do today, that scares you from time to time?
- Teach knowledge to people, and move ahead with other projects
- WHOEVER FAILS A LOT, WINS
- If you fail BIG, you are out of the game
- Play for a while, long enough that you can get good at by failing.
- Make it so that your failure serve a purpose
- They are NOT annoying other people, done in the service of Generosity
- Fail Small, caluculated Failures
What is the biggest mistake people make, when crafting a story?
- They dont try to CRAFT a story
- People forget PRACTICAL EMPATHY
- USEFUL story, that they can use it to move forward
- NOT Authentic, it means nothing if its not useful and people can not connect
- If you havent written 50,000 words, then call yourself a BAD writer, until then write poorly
- We canot just turn ON the creativeity
- I dont want to do something that you are going to judge me
- I am only as good as the piece of my last work
How to overcome the quest of masterpiece?
- you cannot overcome it, BUT you can DANCE with it.
- “I will be creative especially when I am freaking out”
- Everyday at 4O clock, I am going to ship something
People are totally ENTITLE to their openions but not THE FACTS
- You and I are 3k miles away connected by satellite, FOR FREE, talking to each other over machines that would have costed a fortune 15 yeas ago.
- All of this is based on facts
Education, you are the product and part of system, how would you have turned out without it because we are asking the questions what schools are for?
- Figure out a way to create a life with LOW OVERHEAD, where you can be a creator, making better things over and over again, coz thats how you are going to fail, learn to solve interesting problems.
- You need to be know by our work, not by our Resume
- Data says people who GOTO harward and who choose NOT TO GOTO, are equally happy
How do we integrate that education and learning and creativity at workplace, without disrupting things like deadlines, productivity and things like that?
- you are going to disrupt
- When Henry Ford showed up, there were 2300 car companies in US
- He killed them all
Do you do any consulting?
- INNOVATORS DILLEMA
- successful companies are last ones to do fiant leap forward
- Dont want to say something so revolutanary, that no one has ever thought of it before, but talk about things that are important in ways that people can understand in ways they havent understood before.
How do you prepare youself for Keynote?
- Do not put bullet points in PPT
- If you want words, send a MEMO
- Use pictures in PPT and your voice to connect 2 way to audience brain, a part of brain to look at the picture and other to understand what does it mean.
- What happens on the confereance table after we are done presenting
- A presentation is a transfer of Emotion
- We dont need polished tags and punchlines
- Are you thirsty?
- Are you passionate?
- Are you generous?
- Are you interested in getting into the next level?
GaryV | Seth Godin
- Notice things for living and try to point them out to people
- Attentions and Trust, in virtual cycle
- How do I get there?
- By being GENEROUS
- Who step up before they have to
- keep up their promises especially when its NOT convenient
- tell them the truth
Where is the internet going in next 5⁄10 years?
- there was industrial revolution
- Mass media revolution
- now its Internet revolution
- Its been the BIG thing since 1991
- VR is the next big thing!, not because its cool, but you become trusted by people overtime
- its a ARC, they show up like professionals
Science (and data) is one of the collest thing that has happened to mankind
What is Emotional Intelligence?
- Emotional intelligence (EI), emotional leadership (EL), emotional quotient (EQ) and emotional intelligence quotient (EIQ), is the capability of individuals to recognize their own emotions and those of others, discern between different feelings and label them appropriately, use emotional information to guide thinking and behavior, and manage and/or adjust emotions to adapt to environments or achieve one’s goal
- Its some authors take on what we need from people
- INSTINCT INTUITION
- Everybody should blog
- Clay Shirky pointed out that, Wikipedia was build on a decreased television reviewing, billion hrs invested came from TV
- The people who are saying me too and + + are NOT doing their job and are hiding from it.
- Everybody was born, naked, unable to read, pooping, but somewhere along the way they have made a decision, make an investment and go forward
- Liking something on YT, FB - you are hiding from REAL things you could be doing
Who would miss you, if you were gone?
GaryV | Simon Sinek
- Build a road where people wake up every morning inspired to goto work, feel safe when they are there.
- WHAT we do, HOW we do, WHY we do?
- WHY is the NORTH STAR
Are you prepared for NEW WORLD?
- Absolutely not
- All out education, taxes, retirment things are built around this notion doing what you are told, and now we dont know what to do because its a revolution
What do you think we shoul do?
- Pick yousrself up, Pick Yourself, Don’t Wait To Be Picked
- If you have a book, publish it yourself
- If you want to sing, sing
- If you want to start a movement, start the movement
How well we handle ourselves and our relationships. There are 4 domains
- Self awareness - knowing What we are feeling, WHY we are feeling it?, good initution, moral compass
- Self Management - Handling your distressing moments in effective way, so that they dont cripple you, so that you learn what you must. Positive emotions
- Empathy - knowing what someone else is feeling
- Putting it all together in skilled relationship
- Neuroplasticity brain shifts itself to prior experiences
What cultures have highest emotional intelligencce?
Looks different in different parts of world
Stop stealing dreams - Seth Godin
What school used to be for?
Unless we have a answer to this, we are not going to get, what we need.
- Raise you hand, now raise it little higher! WHy?
- We are the product of industrial revolution where productivity is everythin
- If you wanted to teach someone, How to be a baseball fan?
- Would you start with history of baseball?
- Memorise player names by batting average INORDER?
- Lecture in Night, Homework during DAY
- Open Book, opennote all the time
- Anything worth Memorizing is worth looking up
- Any course, anywhere, anytime
- Precise focused education
- there are 100 colours in cars, Why not have 1000k types of education
- Measuring Experience instead of test scores
- Coperation insead of Isolation
- Teachers to become COACH
- Death of mediocre and poor College (factory)
- MYTH : Great performance in school leads to great success and happyness
Are we asking our kids to COLLECT the dots or CONNECT the dots?
- We can only do it, by putting ourselves in a situation where we can fail
- Grades are Illusion
- Passion and Insight are reality
Persistance in the face of skeptical authority figure is priceless.
FittingIn is a short term strategy to get you nowhere. StandingOUT is a long term strategy that takes guts and produces results If you care enough about your work, to be willing to be criticized for it, then you have done a GOOD DAYs work
- Are you a Genius?
- Albert Einstein corrupted/destroyed the idea of genius
- We are treating our customers like Goldfish
- Target the smallest possible audience
- smallest you can deal with.
- What is the smallest group that I can work BEST for?
- What would I do with a purple cow?
- I will tell other people if its Remarkable
- REMARKABLE - worth making a remark about
- BUt with time purple cow gets Grey,
- Keep inventing
- Will you choose to matter?
- Do it worng until you do it right
- Is Failure is not an option, then Success is also not
- You are prepared, but you would never be ready
- We have the 3 choices
- Become a replacable cog in pyramid
- Become founder/owner who runs that thing
- Most of us, is ti become the Linchpin, one we cannot live without
- NObody learns against their will
- Quick win - doesnt work
- Taking emotional labor of sitting there and CHOSSING to be curious instead of angry
- wispering instead of yelling, being the best version of ourself, and seek possiblity
- Dance with your Fear, not run away from them
- Do it with fear, change your narrative, Oh yeah, you are back (fear) lets do it again
- I can do it all day
What do you think about passion, calling? Whats your take on that?
- I choose to love the thing I do, And tthis IDEAD that we can become passionate about our work, as opposed to expecting that our work will give us passion, gives us more leverage
How do I decide to love something?
- If you smile you will be in a better mood, its not the other way round
- Smile at your kid, everytime you see him/her
What is the impact you want to have on the world?
Know by what the other people who learn from me taught other people. Level up the culture, because thats all we got