Last updated: Apr 22, 2020
IMAGE GALLERY (1)
- Italian board
- Name came from the name of a bar where founders used to meet
- inbuild oscillator 2 -8 mHz frequency
- 8-bit microcontroller
- process 8 bits data line in each clock cycle
- Comparator to select voltage either from Vin or USB
- Doesnt have full fledged OS like linux
32KB- program memory
- MCR wikipedia page
- Atmel AVR Instruction Set Architecture
- Atmel AVR Datasheet
- USB power *
Whats on the board?
- Crystal Oscillator - clock cycles for chip *
A microprocessor is an IC that contains only a central processing unit (CPU). The IC does not contain RAM, ROM or other peripherals. The IC may contain cache memory but it is not designed to be usable without any external memory.
Microprocessors cannot store programs internally and therefore typically load software when powered on, this usually involves a complex multi-stage “boot” process where “firmware” is loaded from external ROM and eventually an operating system is loaded from other storage media (e.g. hard disk).
It is typically found in a personal computer.
A microcontroller is an IC that contains a CPU as well as some amount or RAM, ROM and other peripherals. Microcontrollers can function without external memory or storage.
Normally, microcontrollers are either programmed before being soldered to a PCB or are programmable using In-System-Programming (ISP or ICSP) connectors via a special “programmer” device attached to a personal computer.
Typical microcontrollers are much simpler and slower than typical microprocessors but I believe the distinction is mostly one of scale and application.
It is found, for example, in simple appliances such as basic washing machines.
- Control a power switch from mobile app
- Example Projects1
- https://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-Projects/ *