Internet Of Things
Last updated: Apr 22, 2020
IMAGE GALLERY (4)
Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Data collected by the device is called telemetry. This is the eyes-and-ears data that IoT devices provide to applications. Telemetry is read-only data about the environment, usually collected through sensors.
Internet of things
The use of network-connected devices, embedded in the physical environment, to improve some existing process or to enable a new scenario not previously possible.
- Brownfield deployment (legacy infrastructure) means companies will need to confront the task of integrating new devices and technologies into existing networks.
- Security and compliance
- IT/OT convergence means enterprise and industrial operations will need to modify and adjust their processes to accommodate IIoT devices and data.
IoT to disrupt the non-technology companies like * energy * water * food
How to deal with streaming data analytics?
data gathering, data ingest, data processing, and data analysis.
- Cloud pub/sub
- cloud dataflow
- Logistic company planning to use automated truckes from next year
- IoT network to monitor hallway activity on college hallway
- designing a new pottery kiln
- environmental factors in Hotel, home, industry, factory
Things to ponder while designing IoT
- Rate of data generation and arrival
- CAlculate how much data storage you need
Boards and devices
Types of Sensors
- Temperature sensor
- Digital Pressure Sensor
- Gas Sensor
- Optical Sensor
- Clock and Calendar sensor